This week’s episode brings you a lesson on the bebop scale. This device is a great way to quickly incorporate some chromaticism into your playing and get those snaky lines you always wanted.
I have to warn you though, this might be the biggest amount of work I have given you in any episode so far. We start by learning the dominant and major bebop scales and then learn them starting on every chord tone available to us.
This seems like a lot of work but isn’t anything worth practicing a ton of work?? By completing all of the exercises I have given you in this episode, you will be flying around the bebop scale in no time and starting to gain that amazing bebop sound we have heard so much throughout the history of jazz.
Buckle your seat belts and get ready for a barrage of information to be thrown at you. As always, you need to move at your own pace and take things slowly until you get everything under your fingers and in your mind. Have fun with this week’s lesson!
Get All Of The PDF’s Of Our Back Episodes HERE!
- If you would like extra help on any of this material, or just want to get better at improvisation, jazz theory, or any aspect of jazz, let’s talk about Skype lessons. For a free consultation to see if we would work well together, visit THIS LINK and get in touch with me!
- Visit the 10 Minute Jazz Lesson Website
- Visit Nick Mainella’s personal Website
- If you enjoy the play alongs I use in these episodes, and need an awesome jazz education tool that allows you to do almost anything you can imagine, download iReal Pro here:
- Please consider donating to the podcast if you find these lessons useful, we really appreciate it!