This week we are talking about one of the most important concepts for any jazz musician. Having good time is not just for rhythm section players, each and every one of us needs to have great time and be able to swing. Not to mention drummers and bass players will love you if you have great time!
In order to develop good time we need to use the correct tool. This tool is the metronome and it’s impossible to have good time without using this extremely important device. There are countless ways to work with the metronome from beginner to advanced but the most important thing is that you’re doing it. The nice thing is, these days, we can download a metronome right to our smart phones for free. My favorite is the Pro Metronome app. It’s packed with amazing features and the upgrade price to get you many more features is very reasonable. Good luck with this concept and turn that metronome on!
Please support the podcast! We have some exciting news this week. We are excited to announce our short ebook: 29 core exercises for the improviser can be found HERE. Only $7 will get you months of exercises to use in your studies to become the best improviser possible!
- Grab our monthly transcription packs HERE. This is a great way to support the podcast with a small amount of money each month and get something awesome and beneficial in return!
- If you would like extra help on any of this material, or just want to get better at improvisation, jazz theory, or any aspect of jazz, let’s talk about Skype lessons. For a free consultation to see if we would work well together, visit THIS LINK and get in touch with me!
- Visit the 10 Minute Jazz Lesson Website
- Visit Nick Mainella’s personal Website
- If you enjoy the play alongs I use in these episodes, and need an awesome jazz education tool that allows you to do almost anything you can imagine, download iReal Pro here:
- Please consider donating to the podcast if you find these lessons useful, we really appreciate it! Suggested donation is $5 a month and you can make this a recurring donation by choosing that option on checkout. This show runs on your support!