In this month’s Lick Of The Month Episode, we are taking a look at a long Charlie Parker ii-V-I from the Omnibook. This particular line has a lot to unpack and shows off several of the devices that Bird used to get his quintessential sound. Bebop concepts are the basic building blocks for every style off jazz that came after it so you can be sure that this is information you need to know.
Remember to put this line in all 12 keys and spend some time analyzing it further to catch anything that I might have missed. Good luck and have fun with this one!
Please support the podcast! We have some exciting news this week. We are excited to announce our short ebook: 29 core exercises for the improviser can be found HERE. Only $7 will get you months of exercises to use in your studies to become the best improviser possible!
- Grab our monthly transcription packs HERE. This is a great way to support the podcast with a small amount of money each month and get something awesome and beneficial in return!
- If you would like extra help on any of this material, or just want to get better at improvisation, jazz theory, or any aspect of jazz, let’s talk about Skype lessons. For a free consultation to see if we would work well together, visit THIS LINK and get in touch with me!
- Visit the 10 Minute Jazz Lesson Website
- Visit Nick Mainella’s personal Website
- If you enjoy the play alongs I use in these episodes, and need an awesome jazz education tool that allows you to do almost anything you can imagine, download iReal Pro here:
- Please consider donating to the podcast if you find these lessons useful, we really appreciate it!